Rutgers University, Alpha Beta Chapter. Sigma Delta Pi, the National Collegiate Hispanic Honor Society, is a non-profit organization that was established on November 14, 1919 at the University of California Berkeley.
Sigma Delta Pi is composed of undergraduate students who have shown outstanding achievement in the study of the Spanish language. Students are encouraged to apply for membership and take advantage of the opportunities that Sigma Delta Pi offers. Applications are accepted at the beginning of every Fall and Spring semester.
An initiation is held every fall and spring semester to welcome new members in the organization. Students must attend the initiation ceremony to become a member of Sigma Delta Pi.
Sigma Delta Pi Coordinator
Rutgers Academic Building, College Ave. Campus
- Completed at least three semesters toward the bachelor's degree.
- Completed a minimum of 18 SEMESTER CREDIT hours of Spanish, including at least 3 semester hours of a course in Hispanic literature or Hispanic culture and civilization at the 300 level. Current enrollment may be considered.
- Spanish GPA of 3.4 or better.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 GPA or better.
- Spanish majors and Spanish minors.
Transfer students are eligible to apply if they have taken Spanish in their previous institution and comply with the SDP requirements listed above. Please submit both Rutgers and previous school transcripts when applying.
Online applications must be submitted by Friday, February 23rd at noon. Applications received after 12:00 p.m. will not be accepted.
Want to studyabroad this summer or in summer of 2019? Learn more on SDP study abroad scholarships.