Phi Sigma Iota recognizes outstanding accomplishment in the study or teaching of any of the academic fields related to foreign language, literature, or culture. Students taking 200, 300 and 400 level Spanish courses can apply for admission to Phi Sigma Iota, the Foreign Language Honor Society.
Application for Spring 2018: CLOSED! Applications for PSI will reopen in Fall 2018.
Eligibility Requirements for UNDERGRADUATE Students:
- Completed 54 or more credits toward the bachelor's degree.
- Current registration in a 200/300 or 400- level foreign language course in a foregin language.
- Overall 3.3 cumulative average for all work at Rutgers University.
- A 3.5 average in all foreign language (minimum 4 courses at Rutgers University)
Undergraduate Application for Spring 2018: CLOSED.
Eligibility Requirements for GRADUATE Students:
- Completed a minimum of 4 courses at Rutgers toward the Graduate degree
- 3.5 average for all graduate courses in the foreign language
- Current registration in a foreign language graduate course
Graduate Application for Spring 2018: CLOSED.
*PSI Scholarship for Summer Study Abroad: CLOSED!
Phi Sigma Iota chapter scholarships are available for members and prospective members of Phi Sigma Iota, the National Foreign Language Honor Society. The chapter scholarship will be awarded for summer study abroad (Summer 2018). While preference is given to current and prospective members of Phi Sigma Iota, all Rutgers students may apply.