Requirements for Standard Instructional Licenses
Requirements for New Jersey Licensed Teachers Seeking Additional Subject Teaching Field Endorsements
Holders of a standard N.J. instructional license will be issued additional standard instructional licenses when the following is completed:
- Thirty (30) semester hour credits in the subject teaching field on the official transcript of an accredited four (4) year college or university. The courses must be in a coherent sequence covering introductory through advanced level study.
- Passing score on the required licensure test.
To view your results, please visit: http://www.state.nj.us/education/educators/license/3steps.htm
Procedure and Advice for Certification at Rutgers University
- Students are encouraged to speak with the Undergraduate Director of the Department of Spanish and Portuguese before registering for courses.
- Apply as a Non-Degree Student through Undergraduate Admissions.
- If qualified, take the placement exam. Students who place themselves incorrectly will not receive credit for the courses in which they enroll in. Courses taken twice will not be credited.
- If you have additional questions, contact The Department of Spanish and Portuguese at (848) 932-9323.
- Review the Requirements for the Standard Certificate.
- Review the Requirements for the Alternate Route Provisional Teacher Program .
Requirements for Teachers Seeking Initial New Jersey Teaching Licenses
For more information about Teaching licenses, please contact:
The Graduate School of Education
10 Seminary Place
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1183