Requirements for Standard Instructional Licenses
Requirements for New Jersey Licensed Teachers Seeking Additional Subject Teaching Field Endorsements
Holders of a standard N.J. instructional license will be issued additional standard instructional licenses when the following is completed:
- Thirty (30) semester hour credits in the subject teaching field on the official transcript of an accredited four (4) year college or university. The courses must be in a coherent sequence covering introductory through advanced level study.
- Passing score on the required licensure test. http://www.state.nj.us/education/educators/license/3steps.htm
- Please speak to an advisor in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese before registering for courses.
- Apply to the Non-Degree Student through Undergraduate Admissions.
- If necessary, take our placement exam. Don't repeat courses you have taken elsewhere.
- If you have additional questions call (732) 932-9323
Contact the Graduate School of Education for more information: (732) 932-7496