Whether you are a first-year student or a transfer student, you are about to embark on a unique journey of learning, discovery and cultural integration. We offer a full range of undergraduate courses, where our experienced faculty and instructors are dedicated to ensure all our students achieve mastery of the languages and cultures we study.
Rutgers University has long been recognized as a leading national center for the study of languages, literature and culture. Our program encompasses elementary, intermediate and advanced language courses. Its purpose is to develop student skills in communication across ethnic, ideological and national boundaries, as well as, help students acquire a deeper understanding of other cultures.
SAS Language Labs
Laboratory programs are an integral part of most language courses. SAS Language laboratories provide services, equipment and facilities to all language students. Laboratories are located on the College Avenue and Douglass campuses.
For more information about laboratory hours and locations, please visit The Language Center website.
We encourage students to strengthen their knowledge and appreciation of the Latin culture by participating in the other cultural organizations throughout the university.
- Central and South American Alliance
- Haitian Association at Rutgers University
- Lambda Sigma Upsilon, Latino Fraternity, Inc
- Lambda Theta Alpha, Latin Soroity, Inc.
- Latino Student Council
- Latinos Unidos en Poder
- LLEGO, Latina/o and People of Color Lesbian-Gay-Bisexual-Transgender Union of Rutgers University
- Rutgers Union of Cuban American Students
- Sigma Lambda Beta, International Fraternity, Inc.
- Society of Hispanic Engineers