01:940:364 Contrastive Analysis: Spanish/English
Requirements for the course: successful completion of 940:261
This course Constrastive Analysis: Spanish/English, is the study of basic notions of morpho-syntactic structures (internal structure of words and sentences). Emphasis on differences between Spanish and English.
- To become familiar with morphological, syntactic aspects for the Spanish grammar.
- To understand how Spanish and English differ grammatically.
- To learn how to analyze grammatically different types of texts.
- To understand and explain the intuitive knowledge of the language.
- Use of tree diagrams to analyze syntactically sentences in Spanish.
For further information about learning goals, please visit http://span-port.rutgers.edu/learning-goals
Students will be graded in the following areas:
Class participation and attendance
Two in-class exams
Final written paper
Wheatley, Kathleen. Sintaxis y morfología de la lengua española. New Jersey, EEUU. Pearson Prentice Hall. 2006. ISBN:9780131899193